Job Listing Template
Hiring remotely can be hard. Whenever you list a "remote job", what you want
is to get
top applicants that could be a great fit for your team. The last thing you
want to do is
to waste hours sorting through applicants that are only interesting in
home". We've been through thousands of remote job descriptions and studied
Then, we got feedback from expert recruiters and from our community.
We're excited to share with you this proven template to craft your job description. If you have any questions on how to best attract talent, check out our Leadership Community!. If you're an applicant looking for a remote job, join our webinar!
[Remote JOB TITLE]
[LOCATION REQUIREMENT] - [Company Name] - [Functional Team]
- Explain here why you’re awesome (3 paragraphs max.), incl. the COMPANY’s mission.
As a member of the [X] team, your goal is to….
- The TEAM’s mission and the CANDIDATE’s mission goes here
- Share what the candidate will work on.
- Make a distinction between what is REQUIRED & what is OPTIONAL
- Always include language, time zone and country requirement, if applicable.
- Be upfront about any travels, if applicable (retreats=business trip).
- Insurance, Vacation, Family perks/policies goes here...
- Get the applicant excited about what you’re solving for your customers!
- Sharing companies values help qualify candidates in or out.
Diversity & Inclusion
- Your company worked on Diversity & Inclusion over the past year? If yes, do share it!
[Link to your email/Typeform/ATS]
Who you'll work with (and why)
- Joe, Director of Engineering loves to...
- Joyce, Design Lead is passionate about...
- Janet, VP of Engineering leads the team that..
Our Remote Philosophy
- Clarify any restrictions ( "US citizens only" ≠ "US time zones only" ≠ "US locations only")
- Collaboration: Is overlap required? How many hours? Any asynchronous work?
Tools we use/love...
Salary Range & Employment status
- Sharing a range will help attract top active & passive candidates. (eg. $80,000-$120,000)
- Are you hiring FTEs or Contractors? Is salary calculated locally? Are benefits affected?
How to Apply
- How soon can a candidate expect to hear back? Do you reply to all?
- Brief summary of the next steps for successful candidates
- Why not offer $X,000 if someone refer you to the person you hire? Well worth it.
- In the first [week/month/quarter] you will achieve...
How we help you grow
- How will the candidate grow at your company? Is management the only way up? Can Individual contributors strive?